Saturday, May 05, 2007

Dream 5.4.07

trying to park old lexus sedan in strongsville house, driving too fast skid turning it, can't slow it down fast enough. snakes and snakes skins, tons o them coating the ground. bright green cobra snakes, maybe four to six feet long. I see Janet pull into the garage after me, driving a big SUV, she is driving fast as well, turns right by me to pull into our house garage, her tire runs over one of the snakes, ripping into its body and kicking it up into the air. I dodge it and walk down the street towards the Vash's. I look at all of the snakes and skins on the ground, they are coating it. In front of the house at the corner I talk to Leena and Dad who are standing in the drivewar. a snake falls on me from a tree, i freak for a split second then freeze and breath deep as the snake slides off my shoulders. jump to literature about snakes piled out, printed out packets everywhere. To "Boyle read" something ie read it only for information. one can boyle read things in twenty minutes. jump to A youngish lawstudent talks to her boyfriend about how no one likes her at Berkeley law, she cant' relate to anyone, they discuss the publication of her memoir, anonymously publsihed which is a huge hit.

before all that can't sleep cause dimitri is editing footage in the next room, i hear the same dialogue repeated again and again, he is watching the different takes. I go to the next room and he is editing on a laptop in bed, all the lights off. I stand at the door silent, I can see the screen. In the last shot of the sequence, Nilesh is in bed, he overacts excitment, he is shirtless, he hugs his pillow in large motioned rythmic hugs, then lays back, and kicks his limbs, again rythmically, makes staccato noises of barely contained excitment. the whole time his face is frozen in a fake smile that stays in one place, mouth partly open, eyes wide. I laugh and dimitri notices i am there.


before that I am shooting on a digital camera, something at LRA by betcher. on the back of the camera is a digital readout of how much hard drive space the footage is taking up 5mbs a min. it also shows how much space is left it was somewhere around 2800 mbs (there was a six in the last two digits as well) I had never noticed it before. I think how nice it would be to have an intern that could write down that information as I would call it out after each shot, and to write down what happened in each take.

No comments: